Hampton History Museum is back with another great line-up of FREE Family Fun for their Second Saturday Family Day! The theme this month is "Hampton Frozen Over"
- Everyone is invited to wear “Frozen” character costumes or shirts to show their love for the movie.
- The Frozen Sisters from Wishery Entertainment will make a special appearance. The Snow Queen and Ice Princess will take photos with guests and sign autographs. At 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m., they will tell stories and lead singalongs.
- WAVY TV 10’s newest meteorologist, Deitra Tate will talk about what meteorologists do and why it is important, discuss some of the things used to make a forecast, and share what's needed to pursue a career in the field. She also will have autograph cards to pass out.
- Scientists and educators from the NASA Langley Research Center will talk about the science of winter weather. They will lead an activity using colorful Unifix building cubes, boxes, and scientific data for children to use to create their own 3D model of sea ice coverage over the North Pole.
- Educators from the Virginia Air & Space Center will lead activities exploring how cold temperatures affect space travel. Through experiments, children will witness the effects of extremely cold temperatures on different types of matter, and observe how liquid nitrogen causes a physical change in water.
- Hampton History Museum volunteers will lead children in making silly snowmen reminiscent of the “Frozen” film character Olaf, along with a paper snowflake cutting activity.
When: Saturday, November 14, 2015 from 11am-2pm
Cost: The 2nd Saturday Family Day activities are free and held in the museum’s Great Hall and courtyard. Admission to the exhibition galleries during this event is a separate charge of $3 each.
photo provided by Hampton History Museum