Come out and help celebrate the US Coast Guard and the new exhibit featured at the Old Coast Guard Station: 'The Coast Guard in Hampton Roads'! This Family Fun Day event will include free admission to the Old Coast Guard Station, children's activities, Sammy the Sea Otter and more!
Where: Old Coast Guard Station, 24th St. and Atlantic Ave. Virginia Beach, Virginia 23451
When: Saturday, August 17, 2013 from 10am-2pm
Cost: Free event including FREE museum admission
- Meet local Coast Guard Men and Women (including Sammy the Sea Otter) from seven different units!
- Check out the Mobile Communications Vehicle and all sorts of rescue and tactical gear.
- Observe demos on knot-tying, signal flag, and spill containment
- Practice maritime rescue skills with a heaving line game.
- See the new exhibit The Coast Guard in Hampton Roads!
- Bonus! The maritime artist Amanda McLenon will be on-site exhibiting her work.
For more information, Click HERE.
Make sure you don't miss any posts from MyActiveChild.com, sign up for our email updates HERE!